Saturday, December 15, 2012

Peace in the Father


How many times will my spirit rumble, my soul shake, being unsettled by the tremors of the heart within the world’s control. It’s never enough, not what it seems.  I’ve settled in unsettling and it will rock me to sleep.  Tonight I feel as though I’m waking up, seeing that my peace has not been set on the Son. My satisfaction has been dependent on things outside of my relationship with the Father. My attitude swayed by the approval of people instead of the conviction of the Spirit. 

How can I expect to have solid peace if pieces of my heart are scattered amongst the ground and throughout the world? It says in Philippians 4:6-7 “do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

My prayer tonight, is that God would continue to capture my heart, to ground me in Him, to turn my thoughts towards His goodness and awesome character. My prayer is that I not be focused on what the world has to offer but what God promises....His grace, faithfulness, unconditional love and never ending desire to claim me as His child.  

Knowing that Christ is my center, this will bring me peace. I am not dependent on this thing or that, but I am dependent on the One who is the Jehova Rapha....my healer. He will heal the places that are unsettled and make me whole. Ephesians 2:14, “He Himself is our peace....” and always will be our Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this...