Monday, December 31, 2012

Ending & Beginning

As the year of 2012 comes to a close, here are some of the verses that have spoken to me this year and ones that I will look to as the new year begins.  I'd love to hear some of the scripture that you will be looking back to as special to you from last year & ones that you want to live with this next year!

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." (Ephesians 6:10-11)

"'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,' says the Lord, who has compassion on you." (Isaiah 54:10)

"In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent....I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." (Psalm 4:4 & 8)

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." (Psalm 139:9-10)

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality." (Romans 12:9-13)

"In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." (Psalm 5:3)

"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you." (Psalm 5:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this...