Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Day 1: Chicago Bound

Well yesterday Tawny and I set off from Minneapolis on the first leg of this crazy WinterJam adventure with Pulse!

At the office we finished getting everything packed up into our sweet road case, ...previously used by U2!..., gathered for prayer and we were off.

After a few cold hours in the car though, we realized something was wring and ended up having to stop at a mechanic to get a flush. It seemed to work, but it was spotty the rest of the night.

Somewhere after that, we stopped for gas and coffee at Molly's Rude Awakening. It was definitely an odd hippie type joint, but the coffee was a welcomed awakening, not rude in the least!

Finally we arrived in Chicago where my brother Ted let us warm up and served us real Chicago style pizza. It was delicious, and best of all it was hot! Ted of course entertained us with stories until Tawny and I were practically both asleep. ;) Great end to the first day.

These two verses have really spiken to me over the last week or two, and as we start this adventure, it felt appropriate to share. I hope they bring confidence and strength to you as they are to me.

Psalms 27:1 Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalms 18:28 For it is you who light my lamp; the LORD my God lightens my darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this...