Thursday, February 16, 2012

Music in the Heavens


Praise the LORD. Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise in the assembly of his faithful people. Let Israel rejoice in their Maker; let the people of Zion be glad in their King. Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with timbrel and harp.” (Psalm 149:1-3)
Have you ever heard a song and while you're singing along at the top of your lungs you think.....I wonder if we'll be singing this in heaven some day?  I think about that often...even this Sunday it came to mind as I was singing with our worship team, wondering if my Mom was singing the same songs in heaven as we were singing right here in church.  The thought made me smile, and then wonder.
For some reason, I had in my mind that only when we died would those songs be sung in heaven...I was thinking, "man, this'll be a great one up there someday."  But what about right now?  Stay with me here...
"All the Levites who were musicians—Asaph, Heman, Jeduthun and their sons and relatives—stood on the east side of the altar, dressed in fine linen and playing cymbals, harps and lyres. They were accompanied by 120 priests sounding trumpets. The trumpeters and musicians joined in unison to give praise and thanks to the LORD. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, the singers raised their voices in praise to the LORD and sang: “He is good; his love endures forever.” Then the temple of the LORD was filled with the cloud, and the priests could not perform their service because of the cloud, for the glory of the LORD filled the temple of God." (2 Chronicles 5:12-14)
God gives each of us special gifts,....some preaching, some giving mercy, some healing and some have gifts in music.  More specifically leading others into worship through that music.  Well if that's the case with you, do you feel like many of your songs are inspired? If you do, who inspired it? ...I mean who REALLY inspired it? Because if God really inspired the words or the music in the song, then just wonder with me if your new composition which is new to you & thousands of others, wonder if it isn't already a classic up in heaven!?  Maybe they've been singing it for years, just waiting for the right time to share it with the right composer, artist and crowd! Maybe God was waiting until you went through a certain trial or blessing before He showed you His perspective that gave you words to lead thousands in praise of His faithfulness or grace!
"Surely it was for my benefit that I suffered such anguish. In your love you kept me from the pit of destruction; you have put all my sins behind your back. For the grave cannot praise you, death cannot sing your praise; those who go down to the pit cannot hope for your faithfulness. The living, the living—they praise you, as I am doing today; parents tell their children about your faithfulness. The LORD will save me, and we will sing with stringed instruments all the days of our lives in the temple of the LORD." (Isaiah 38:17-20) 
It's intriguing to thing that up in heaven right now and in the times when we finally reach our eternal home, that there will be music and songs that we've never, ever known.  But what if they're singing your next hit right now.....it's already bringing glory to God, in fact He wrote the lyrics and in his excitement is just brimming with anticipation for the day he'll share it with you, and let you bring others to Him through it. 

"The Lord was ready to save me: therefore we will sing my songs with stringed instruments all the days of our life, in the house of the Lord." (Isaiah 38:20)
"I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the LORD." (Psalm 104:33-34)
www.zeteophotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this...